OFFICE HOURS DECEMBER 2018- APRIL 2019
7:00 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday
Effective December 3, 2018 - March 29, 2019
Welcome to the Town of Lancaster Parks & Recreation Department. Our commitment to recreation drives us to offer a variety of programs, classes, activities and field trips for toddlers, children, adults, special needs and senior citizens. We hold several special events throughout the year including Santa at Westwood, Beat the Winter Blues, and our Arbor Day/Earth Day Celebration. Please see our Summer Happenings Brochure for more information at the website below.
2019 SUMMER HAPPEININGS BROCHURE
WILL BE OUT MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
TOWN OF LANCASTER NEW PHOTO ID CARD POLICY
The Town of Lancaster Recreation Department will begin issuing new Photo ID cards Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
ALL RESIDENTS MUST OBTAIN A NEW PHOTO ID CARD FOR ALL ACTIVITIES!!!
NEW!!!!! SENIOR CITIZEN PHOTO ID CARDS
- All Senior Citizens (new this year) 55 and older must go to the Senior Center located at 100 Oxford Avenue to purchase their photo ID card. The cost of the Photo ID card will be $5.00 for residents and $10 for non-residents, cash or check only! Town of Lancaster Senior resident’s photo ID cards are good for life. Non-resident photo ID cards are valid for five years. Call Mary Beth at the Senior Center for more information at 685.3498.
NEW RECREATION ID CARDS
- NEW!!!!! Recreation PHOTO ID cards are $10 (cash or check only!) per person and are good for two years.
- ALL OLD PHOTO ID CARDS WITH THE TOWN LOGO ARE INVALID.
OFFICE HOURS FOR PHOTO ID CARDS
Monday – Friday 7am-4:30pm Saturday 7:30am – 11:00am (April-August)
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A RECREATION PHOTO ID CARD FOR THE POOL, A $5 FEE WILL BE IMPOSED!!
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING FORMS OF ID
License in your name and one of the following
- Current bill in your name
- Board of Election Card
- Car registration
- Tax bill
IF YOU HAVE A LICENSE IN AN OLD ADDRESS WE NEED THAT LICENSE AS WELL AS TWO OTHER FORMS OF CURRENT ID WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS
FOR THE CHILDREN - PARENTS 2 forms of ID as well as one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Report Card (with parents name)
- Insurance Card (with your name as well as the child’s name)
IF YOU HAVE A SMART PHONE AND CAN ACCESS ID,
THAT WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE AS WELL
2019 Picnic Reservations
2019 Picnic Reservation Information
The Town of Lancaster Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department will begin accepting picnic reservations for the 2019 picnic season on Monday, February 4, 2019 at 8:00am. Reservations are restricted to Town of Lancaster residents only and are ONLINE only. Reservations for the Pavilion run from April 1, 2019-March 31, 2020. You must have a credit card to book the Pavilion and the outdoor shelters. There is a limit of one reservation per person. Visit our online registration site link below to book shelters and the Pavilion. Create your account today before the picnic reservations begin to save you time and make registration faster!!! NO WALK IN RESERVATIONS!!!! The picnic shelters are located at Keysa Town Park, Meadow Lea Park, Walden Pond Park and Westwood Park. For more information, please call the Recreation office at 684-3320.
Parks Summer 2018 Playground Information (2019 Information coming soon!)
Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM *School site playgrounds 8 AM – 3 PM
Monday, June 25 - Friday, August 17, 2018 Playgrounds are open to Lancaster residents of all ages (children under age 7 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.) Most playgrounds are staffed by two recreation leaders. Arts & crafts are offered daily from 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM at a charge of 50¢ per craft.
*Como Park Elementary School - 1985 Como Park Blvd. Keysa Town Park - Brady & Vandenberg Meadow Lea Park - Broezel Ave. & Ronald Dr. Twin District Fire Co. - 4999 William St.
Trips and activities offered at playgrounds:
- 2017 Field Trips were – Sky Zone, Quaker Splash, Regal $1.00 Movie Day, Lasertron, Buffalo Museum of Science, Eternal Flame, Niagara Climbing Center, Buffalo City Hall and Canalside, Darien Lake, End of Summer Party. (Permission slips and nominal fee for field trips are required.) 2018 Field Trips informatio coming soon!
- Tournaments & Activities– Tie Dye Day, Bring-A-Pet, Spirit Week, Bring-A-Buddy, Bumper Balls, 4 Square, Scavenger Hunt, Chalk Wars, volleyball, soccer, Hot Shots basketball, Water Day, Dodgeball, Survivor, Kickball, Capture the Cones, Minute to Win-It, chess/checkers, horseshoes, obstacle course, punt, pass and kick, frisbee golf, hole-in-one, home run derby.
MORE INFORMATION WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE PLAYGROUND SITES EACH DAY!!! STOP BY AND JOIN IN THE FUN!
Swimming Pool Information:
Pools will be open June 23 - August 18, 2018
In case of inclement weather, air temperatures below 65 degrees, or scheduled activities, the pool will close at the discretion of the pool supervisor.
Our pools are handicap accessible Pools are open to all Town and Village of Lancaster residents. Patrons MUST have a valid Parks & Recreation Photo ID card to use pool facilities and to participate in aquatic activities. Non resident guests will be charged a $5.00 cash (per person) facility fee per visit. Patrons must be at least 10 years old to swim without adult supervision.
NOTE: Absolutely no street clothes or shoes permitted in the pool area! You MUST have a bathing suit on to enter the pool area, even if you do not plan on swimming. All further pool rules are posted at each pool and enforced for patrons safety. All pools are closed July 4th
Keysa Town Pool - located on the corner of Brady & Vandenberg Phone: 716.288.7211
Open swim hours: Monday - Friday - 12:00PM -8 PM Saturday & Sunday 12:00 PM - 8 PM
POOL CLOSED 4th of July
Keysa Wading Pool - located on the corner of Brady & Vandenberg
Open swim hours: Monday - Friday 9 AM - 8:00PM Saturday & Sunday 12PM - 8:00PM
POOL CLOSED 4th of July
Meadow Lea Wading Pool - located near the corner of Broezel & Ronald
Open swim hours: Monday - Friday 9:00AM - 8:00PM Saturday & Sunday 12:00 PM - 8:00PM
POOL CLOSED 4th of July
SPLASH PAD - located on Richmond Ave near Como Elementary School. Hours: 9 AM – Sunset
7 days a week
- Lancaster Depew Football/Cheer
- Lancaster Depew Soccer
- Lancaster Depew Baseball
- Lancaster Depew Ponytails
- Lancaster LAX Association
- Lancaster Lady Monster Lacrosse
The Heritage Trail is open year round for your outdoor activities with the exception of the trail being closed during fall hunting season for your safety.
The Heritage Trail is a scenic 4 mile long bike trail stretching from Walter Winter Drive to Town Line Road. The Heritage Trail is perfect for biking, walking and inline skating as well as cross country skiing during the winter months.
Parking and Trail Access
Trail-goers may access the Heritage Trail via Erie Street to Walter Winter Drive or by following Commerce Drive through the Village of Lancaster Industrial Park. The other entrance is off Town Line Road, between Walden Avenue and Westwood Road. Public parking lots are located at both entrances.
Nature Tip of the Month
Caution should also be taken when trimming the lawn with a weed-whacker. The inner bark of the tree may be damaged when hit with a weed-whacker and could eventually kill the tree.